Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Underdog Bracket

I'm always a big fan of the underdog.  For this reason movies like Cool Runnings, Rudy, and The Karate Kid just kill me.  I actually get embarrassed for myself during the scene in Cool Runnings when they carry the bobsled across the finish line.  I get chill bumps, I tear up, it takes everything in me to resist doing the standing slow clap.  This information is crucial to know before anyone sees my NCAA bracket this year.

As you can see, I took a few underdogs as far as I felt they could realistically go.  Utah State going all the way to the final game?  Yep, I did it.  UNLV to the Final Four?  Why not?  Did I get scoffed at by many for my willingness to stick my neck out for a few of the underdogs?  I sure did.  Forget the fact that the aforementioned teams actually went out in the first round.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  One day my courage to stand up for the underdog will pay off.  Until then, I'll be happy with getting my $5.00 back for coming in dead last in the office pool.  In yo face!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me laugh a little every time I see your bracket... Utah St... Final game... Oh, Emily...

    ReplyDelete